BRIGHTSTONE COVID POLICY
A COVID-19 health policy is necessary to prevent the spread of illness. Every cast member, student, volunteer, and employee must report information about their health and activities as they relate to this disease. The following policy will be used to assist with determining when someone must be excluded from the theatre to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• Exclude means to prevent an employee, cast member, student, or volunteer from entering the building or attending/working any Brightstone sponsored event.
• Confirmed test/diagnosis means a presumed positive from a medical practitioner OR a positive test result at physician’s office, state lab, or 3rd party test.
• Close Contact is defined as any individual who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
• Symptomatic means to exhibit one or more symptoms.
• Asymptomatic means to exhibit no symptoms.
• Monitoring of individuals is to follow up with individuals daily regarding health, symptoms, and any diagnostic tests.
Employees, cast members, or volunteers who experience or exhibit any of the following symptoms while working an event, taking a class, have been present at the theatre in the previous 48 hours prior to symptom onset, or if scheduled to attend a class, rehearsal, event, or performance, shall report to the director, teacher, or owner. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported, ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. A Brighstone staff employee will contact you to let you know when you may return to your activities. This decision will be made based on current CDC guidelines.
People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever 100F or higher* or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
EXPECTATIONS OF BRIGHTSTONE EMPLOYEES AND PARTICIPANTS
- Employees, cast members, students, and volunteers who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 shall notify their director, teacher, or the owners immediately, whether diagnosed, symptomatic, or asymptomatic COVID-19 and should not enter the Brightstone building. Any positive test should be reported immediately. Individuals should also report if any member of their household has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Individuals who feel sick while attending a class or rehearsal must notify the staff in charge and await further instructions.
- Participants positive for COVID-19 may resume all activity once 72 hours symptom free and 14 days post onset of symptoms OR a negative diagnosis and symptom free for 72 hours.
- An individual with symptoms can provide confirmation from a healthcare provider to the director, teacher, or owner to demonstrate that symptoms are from a noninfectious condition.
- *There may be instances where additional cautionary measures are deemed necessary. Ultimately, it is at the Owner’s discretion and individual situations should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- All current social distancing recommendation protocols will be followed.
- All participants, cast and crew, will have their temperature taken before entering the building.
- All activities will offer a contactless form of payment.
CLASSES POLICY ON WEARING MASKS
Students and Teachers are required to wear a mask unless able to maintain 6 feet of social distance. Removal of masks will be at the discretion of the teacher.
PRODUCTION REHEARSALS POLICY ON WEARING MASKS
Cast and Crew are required to wear a mask unless able to maintain 6 feet of social distance. Removal of masks will be at the discretion of the teacher.
EVENTS POLICY ON WEARING MASKS Brightstone Staff and Volunteers will be required to wear masks when within 6 feet of any patrons.
RENTAL POLICY ON WEARING MASKS
Brightstone Staff will be required to wear masks when within 6 feet of any patrons.
HEIGHTENED CLEANING POLICY
Brightstone employees will clean all hard surfaces before and after each group.
Brightstone employees will clean all bathroom surfaces before and after each group.
Want some more information? Contact Sharon.