The winner of six Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Thoroughly Modern Millie was the 2002 season's most awarded new show on Broadway! Thoroughly Modern Millie takes you back to the Jazz Age in New York City, when "moderns," including a flapper named Millie Dillmount, were bobbing their hair, raising their hemlines, entering the workforce, and rewriting the rules of love. This high-spirited musical romp is a delightful valentine to the long-standing spirit of New York City and the people who seek to discover themselves there.
Auditions are by appointment. Sign-ups begin January 15. Auditions are open to 5th grade and older.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP.
- For your audition time, choose a time to sing/read AND a time to dance. You must sign up for timeslots for BOTH (1 timeslot for sing/read AND 1 timeslot for dance).
- Options for sing/read audition:
- Saturday, February 10, 3:00-4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10, 5:00-6:00pm
- Saturday, February 10, 6:00-7:00pm
- Saturday, February 10, 8:00-9:00pm
- Sunday, February 11, 3:00-4:00pm
- Sunday, February 11, 5:00-6:00pm
- Options for dance audition:
- Saturday, February 10, 4:00-5:00pm
- Saturday, February 10, 7:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, February 11, 4:00-5:00pm
- During your sing/read audition timeslot: Prepare 16 bars (or 30 seconds) from a Broadway show. Bring an accompaniment track (on your smart phone) or sheet music for live piano accompaniment. You may also be asked to read or sing from the script.
- During your dance timeslot, you will be taught choreography to be performed in a group. Everyone will complete the basic choreography routine. If you have some dance training or experience, please stay for the intermediate dance, as well. If you are trained/experienced in tap dancing, please stay for the tap audition, too (please bring tap shoes).
- Requested shoes for dance:
- Basic choreography (ALL): Bring/wear shoes in which you can dance. Do not plan on going barefoot or wearing tennis shoes. For males, dress shoes work well. For females, character shoes are the best choice. Jazz shoes are also a good option for anyone.
- Intermediate (some dance training/experience): Same as above.
- Tap: Tap shoes (flat is best, but heels are ok).
- If you are an adult who prefers not to sing and/or dance in the show, that's fine! We have several roles that are just acting roles. Just let us know, and you will NOT have to sing and/or dance for you audition. Or if you'd only like to sing as part of a group in the show, that's fine, too! You will not have to sing solo for your audition.
- The audition for high schoolers (grades 9th-12th) will be Saturday, February 10 from 2:00-3:00pm. If you cannot make that time, please e-mail us and let us know.
- Prepare 16 bars (or 30 seconds) from a Broadway show. Bring an accompaniment track (on your smart phone) or sheet music for live piano accompaniment.
- During your allotted audition slot, you will sing your prepared piece, and then learn and perform choreography as a group. Cold reading from the script and/or singing from the show might be an option.
- High schoolers with dance training/experience may be asked to attend a separate dance audition, as well.
- Please bring/wear shoes in which you can dance. For males, dress shoes are best. For females, character shoes are best. Jazz shoes are also a great option for anyone. Please do not plan on dancing without shoes or in tennis shoes.
- The audition for 5th-8th graders will be Saturday, February 10 from 1:00-2:00pm. If you cannot make that time, please e-mail us and let us know.
- 5th-8th graders will learn a short song and dance during the audition, so no preparation is necessary. Please bring/wear shoes in which you can dance. Jazz shoes are best. Please do not plan on dancine shoeless.
- There will be no readings from the script.
- 5th-8th graders will be in the opening number ("Thoroughy Modern Millie"), the closing number ("Thoroughly Modern Millie (Reprise)"), and bows ("Curtain Call/Bows").
- Until 2 weeks bofore the show, 5th-8th graders will be released by 8:30pm.
Callbacks will be held Tuesday, February 13 in the evening. You will receive an e-mail on Monday if you are needed. 5th-8th graders will not be needed at callbacks.
The Conflict Calendar will be posted under "Resources" by February 1.
If you cannot make an audition on February 10 or 11, please e-mail email@example.com for another option.
Have questions? Contact Leia.